1120 Sq Ft
The Broadhead is our most popular design. It is designed with the family get-away in mind. This building makes wise use of space while offering a scent-containment room and a grilling porch. The Broadhead has a north woods cabin look and feel wrapped in a maintenance-free exterior. This nicely appointed cabin has many amenities to fit all your needs.
Building Exterior Specifications
- 28'x40'x8' stud wall construction.
- 6'x28' covered grilling porch.
- Perimeter 2×6 studs to be 24" on center.
- Dual slope roof trusses to be 4:12 lower pitch and 8:12 upper pitch – 24' o.c. with energy heel
- Entry to have small dormer for snow and rain diversion.
- All exterior wall and roof steel to be McElroy 29 ga. Max Rib with Kynar 500 paint system and 40 year non-prorated warranty
- All steel to be fastened using Woodgrip fasteners
- All steel trims at ridge, gables, corners, windows, doors, base, hips and valleys, fascia, header, ceiling, etc. to be 29 ga. with Kynar 500 paint system.
- Continuously vented profile ridge vent.
- All eaves to be sealed using profile foam closures.
- 24" deep overhangs to be finished using aluminum or steel vented soffit panels.
- Windows to be vinyl white horizontal sliding units. Alternate color options are available upon request.
- All windows to have seal tape at perimeter.
- Doors to be all maintenance free steel doors and aluminum frames with locksets. Various options are available.
- Exterior Patio door to be vinyl unit with screen door.
- Housewrap at all walls to eave line.
- All walls to be insulated using R-19 batt insulation with a 4 mil poly vapor barrier at warm side of wall.
- Ceiling to be insulated using R-40 blown fiberglass insulation with a 4 mil poly vapor barrier at warm side of ceiling.
- Porch to have steel ceiling and trim.
- Exposed porch header and support posts with simple treated 2×4 railing and 2'x2' spindles.
Building Interior Specifications
- Interior stud walls to be 2×4 and 2×6 construction with studs 24' on center
- Interior doors to be pre-hung pine doors with casing at both sides with lockset.
- Vaulted living area ceiling.
- Fully installed kitchen and bath cabinetry.
- Bi-Fold closet doors to be pre-hung doors with casing at both sides and pull knobs.
- Base trim to be 1×4 pine at all finished walls.
- Windows to be prepped for drywall returns and pine sill with apron casing.
- Closets to have one shelf with angle brackets and closet pole.