The Fork Horn
1728 Sq Ft: 1188 (living) 540 (storage)
The Fork Horn is a building that is large in space and practicality. As a recreational building, the Fork Horn offers a nice storage area, garage, bunk area, 1 bathroom, 1 bedroom, a spacious kitchen/living room area, and a scent-contamination room. This 1728 square foot building is an excellent choice for the outdoorsman who wants a place to store a boat, 4-wheeler, or hang a deer. If you’re looking for an attractive, practical hunting building, the Fork Horn is a winning choice.
Building Exterior Specifications
- 36' x 48' x 9' stud wall construction
- (1) 7' x 20' covered grilling porch
- Perimeter 2×6 studs to be 24" on center
- Roof Trusses to be 6:12 pitch – 24" o.c. with energy heel
- All exterior wall and roof steel to be McElroy 29 ga. Max Rib with Kynar 500 paint system and 40 year non-prorated warranty
- All steel to be fastened with Woodgrip fasteners
- All steel trims at ridge, gables, corners, windows, doors, base, hips and valleys, fascia, header, ceiling, etc. to be 29 ga. with Kynar 500 paint system.
- Continuously vented profile ridge vent.
- All eaves to be sealed using profile foam closures.
- “Turkey Tail” gable overhangs at both endwalls.
- 24" deep overhangs to be finished using aluminum or steel vented soffit panels.
- Windows to be white vinyl horizontal sliding units. Alternate color options are available upon request.
- Doors to be all maintenance free steel doors and aluminum frames with locksets. Various options are available
- Exterior Patio door to be vinyl unit with screen door.
- (1) 10×8 insulated overhead door. Operator available upon request.
- Housewrap at all walls to eave line.
- All walls to be insulated using R-21 batt insulation with a 4 mil poly vapor barrier at warm side of wall.
- Ceiling to be insulated using R-40 blown fiberglass insulation with a 4 mil poly vapor barrier at warm side of ceiling.
- Porch to have steel ceiling and steel wrapped headers and trim.
- Exposed porch support posts
Building Interior Specifications
- Interior stud walls to be 2×4 and 2×6 construction with studs 24" on center
- Interior doors to be pre-hung pine doors with casing at both sides with lockset.
- Vaulted living area ceiling.
- Fully installed kitchen and bath cabinetry.
- Bi-Fold closet doors to be pre-hung doors with casing at both sides and pull knobs.
- Base trim to be 1×4 pine at all finished walls.
- Windows to be prepped for drywall returns and pine sill with apron casing.
- Closets to have one shelf with angle brackets and closet pole.